Healthy, Soft, flavourful pumpkin scones will take you fall baking to the next level!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Ingredients – For Scones
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 120g
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries 35g, use those sweetened with apple juice to avoid refined sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 92g, not pumpkin pie puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
Ingredients – For Icing
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat to 425F (210C) and line or grease a baking sheet/tray.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and salt in a medium-large bowl. Mix through the cranberries.
- Separately whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil. Add the mixture to the flour and spice mix and mix until combined, without over-mixing.
- Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and gently pat to flatten it into a circle or square around 3/4in-2cm thick then cut into triangles, squares or rectangles as you prefer.
- Carefully transfer the cut scones to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until turning slightly brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before adding the icing – mix together the icing ingredients and beat until smooth. drizzle over the scones.
Servings: 6 large scones
Calories: 226kcal Recipe found: https://www.carolinescooking.com/healthy-pumpkin-scones